Table of Contents
Acurite is a leading brand that manufactures supreme weather tracking devices and the 0439 Weather Station is no different. It is compact and easy to setup. Hence, you can carry it around everywhere you go. It is also quite efficient as you get to see a variety of data including wind speed, humidity, etc. But most importantly, it is very easy to operate and even people who are just starting into modern machinery can get the hang of this device quite quickly.
- The physical climate sensing tool installation is simple and easy
- Quite easy to carry around
- The Intelli-Time clock saves daylight time and also automatically corrects the date and time.
- Users get to see plenty of weather metrics all in a modern digital form.
- Heat resistance is a little poor
- Might require slightly heavy maintenance in some areas.
AcuRite is one of the most relevant brands of home weather stations. It has launched various models so far with different prices that come with separate facilities. Here, we would be giving an AcuRite 00439 weather station review.
Weather stations are an exceptional way to understand fluctuating weather and climate conditions. Recently, home weather stations have evolved in giving the most precise interpretation of the climate around. The scope of features alters with the type of weather stations used. Amidst the advancing technology, we have expanded to numerous devices that are designed to suit our demands.
AcuRite 00439 weather station is a digital one that is supported by a clock. It has a wireless sensor to calibrate the climatic factors. It is a 3 in 1 weather station as it gives reliable accounts of temperature, humidity, and wind speed. It is easy to use right from installation to the operations for the readings.
What’s In The Box?
AcuRite 00439 is a user-friendly weather station model that comes along with an outdoor sensor. It is a wise decision to make use of it as it reads the climate right from the backyard. This weather station is emphasized to provide estimations for indoors and outdoors.
The package comes with a 3 in 1 sensor, display unit with an LCD screen, mounting hardware, mounting bracket, power adapter, and a user guidebook.
This model has been designed with the following physical features to befit the purchasers:
Dimensions: 15 x 10 x 4 inches
Weight: 2.15 pounds
Battery: No batteries required
AcuRite 00439 weather station can be bought online on its official website AcuRite as well as on other websites like Amazon.
How To Setup The AcuRite 00439 Weather Station?
Setup 1: 3-in-1 Sensor Setup
-There is an A-B-C switch fixed inside the battery section. This switch can be moved to A, B, or C. The same choice is made for the display unit to synchronize with the sensor for the most accurate reading of the desired factors.
-The batteries required for operations are preferred to be standard quality lithium or alkaline ones. For cold environments with temperatures as low as -20 degree C (-4 degree F), lithium batteries give a stabler performance as the alkaline batteries might not run well. Rechargeable and heavy-duty of batteries are not advised to be used in these 3-in-1 sensors.
Follow these steps for setting up the sensor:
- Step 1: To access the battery chamber, press the release lever.
- Step 2: Take off the device’s base fitting.
- Step 3: Take off the cover of the battery chamber.
- Step 4: Set the A-B-C switch planted inside the slot.
- Step 5: Four AA batteries are supposed to be implanted with the correct polarity as marked in the slot. Follow the (+/-) polarity symbols for this.
- Step 6: Place the battery cap and the sensor’s base back on.
Setup 2: Display Unit Setup
-A similar A-B-C switch is also placed in the display system’s battery compartment. Set it the same as the sensor for synchronization.
-Three AAA batteries are needed to start the display unit.
Follow these simple steps for installing the display unit:
- Step 1: Remove the battery compartment cover.
- Step 2: Embed the three batteries aligning with the correct polarity (+/-) marked on the spacious compartment.
- Step 3: Put the cap back on it.
- Step 4: Use the power adapter to plug for efficient operation. This acts as the main source of power for this tool.
Setup 3: Installing the sensor
- Before the physical installation of the sensor body, a few factors should be considered. The installation height starts from a minimum of 1.5 m (5 feet). It needs to be in an open area and off the ground. For wind measurements, 33 feet is the height recommended by the National Weather Service.
- There are three different types of sensor mounting options to suit the conditions in the area: Top, Side, and Pipe mount. However, the mounting bracket at the base is built such that the tool can be attached to surfaces and wooden posts directly provided they are equal to or more than 2″x4″ in dimensions.
- Make sure that the sensor is in level to get accurate figures.
The procedure is given below for proper installation:
Top or Side Mount:
- Step 1: In the hole at the bottom of the sensor, insert the mounting bracket.
- Step 2: Secure the lower part of the tool by using a screw. Fasten it with the mounting bracket. The screw will be available in the hardware bag.
- Step 3: Fix the mounting bracket to a surface or post using two more screws.
Step 1: Secure the lower hole by inserting a pipe of the right diameter at its bottom.
Step 2: Since no mounting bracket or base is used, to keep the device intact, fasten the top using one screw to the pipe.
However, never install by mounting on pipes during lightning or around any electrical appliances.
-Wait for the AcuRite 3-in-1 sensor to synchronize with the display unit. In case of either not functioning well, troubleshooting should be done.
Features Of AcuRite 00439 Weather Station
- AcuRite 00439 weather station model is digital and wireless.
- It is a 3 in 1 model for three different readings: temperature, humidity, and wind speed.
- It is a sensor-based tool.
- It gives the output for both indoors and outdoors.
- It is lightweight and portable to move around in different situations.
- The sensor syncs data most perfectly.
- For each place around the area, the output is accurate for the exact location.
- The display unit has a colorful highlighted display that helps in reading the results effortlessly.
- Four AA and three AAA batteries are required.
- it is featured with the Intelli-Time digital clock that automatically updates the time.
- The Intelli-Time clock saves the daylight time.
- It has internal temperature and humidity sensors along with a wind speed anemometer.
- The mounting bracket and screws come along the device as part of it except the batteries.
A Final Word
AcuRite 00439 weather station is a satisfactory choice when it comes to farmers, gardeners, and even students to study the climate.
However, an ideal location is extremely important for obtaining accurate measurements. If one has enough knowledge about its working, it would be easy for them to operate and maintain AcuRite 00439 home weather station.
It is a whole 3 in 1 package one can have for basic climatic requirements. It is affordable and comes with a lot of readings to be understood easily.
AcuRite 00439 weather station is a fair choice when one is ready to maintain it with the required conditions.
Last update on 2020-07-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API